IPS supplies over 70% of all Raman spectroscopy system integrators with their diode based Raman excitation sources, and is the “Gold Standard” for high performance wavelength stabilized lasers.
Raman spectroscopy is a vibrational spectroscopy method that has successfully been used in the lab for some time, and has recently gained traction commercially as an affordable and accurate way to get qualitative and quantitative information instantly without destroying the sample. Raman spectroscopy can also be used to analyze aqueous solutions removing tedious sample prep required for other analytical techniques.
Some of the standard wavelengths used for Spectroscopy include 532nm, 633 nm, 638 nm, 647 nm, 780nm, 785nm, 808nm, 830nm, and 1064 nm with powers ranging from 30 mW to as much as 6W. Raman spectroscopy can be used in Raw Materials Identification, Pharmaceutical applications, Process Control, Cancer Detection, Contaminant Detection, Mixture Analysis, Explosive, Biological and Chemical Agent Detection, among others.
IPS utilizes a unique technology known as wavelength stabilization to assemble a Hybrid ECL (HECL). This technology allows us to "lock" the laser to the desired spectral line AND shape the spectral output. This is ideal for Raman spectroscopy applications because we can provide extremely narrow wavelength sources (in both multi-mode and single mode configurations) that remain locked at the desired excitation wavelength regardless of ambient temperature changes, vibrations, back reflections, and of course time.
We offer a complete line of Raman spectroscopy lasers including:
- Open beam single mode modules with integral laser line filters, integral isolators, and collimated/circularized TEM00 beam with excellent beam quality
- Fiber coupled single mode lasers with > 50 mW of polarization maintaining output power
- High power multi-mode lasers with fiber coupled output power levels up to 6W output power
- Narrow linewidth multi-mode lasers with spectral linewidth < 0.07 nm (1 cm-1)
- Innovative front facet power monitors for high reliability power monitoring